Salary: Up to £65,000, depending on skills and experience level
Contract type: Permanent
We are the UK's aviation regulator and recognised as a world leader in its field. Our activities are diverse, enabling the aviation industry to meet the highest safety standards and we pride ourselves on our ability to adapt to the constantly changing aviation environment.
We are entering an exciting and ambitious phase within our Human Resources department. We have recently been through an organisational design to allow us to fully support the organisation and effectively deliver on our future strategic objectives. As a result, we have crafted some new roles and the Talent and Capability Manager is one of those.
We will need you to shape, plan and lead the CAA’s strategic approach to building capability to ensure it meets our future capability needs. You will horizon scan, handle ambiguity and lead on the identification of our capability gaps and deliver joined-up solutions across recruiting and development to build our capabilities for the future.
This is your chance to define the approach to talent management at the CAA, including the annual talent cycle and ensuring a strong talent pipeline for critical roles. A big part of this will be shaping the resourcing strategy, ensuring it is aligned to our capability requirements and D&I strategy.
Core Accountabilities will include:
- Build a clear plan and framework, identifying workforce trends and forecast future demands to ensure that we have the talent we need to remain relevant in a changing world
- Build and deliver a compelling leadership and management development approach for leaders to ensure the CAA meets its People Strategy and key aim of developing respected leaders
- Establish communities of practice, leadership peer support networks and upward mentorship, developing the skills of managers to coach and enable their teams to deliver
- Ensure that a compelling suite of planned and structured qualifications, apprenticeships and career development programmes are in place
- Align the learning portfolio to deliver the capability development plan, identifying work packages, priorities and resources and ensuring that the team is equipped to fulfil them
- Lead the implementation of resourcing strategy initiatives by working closely with the Recruitment Team Lead
- Link with and actively manage internal and external partners such as 3rd party providers and industry specialists
- Utilise MI, producing key analytics and trends to aid decisions
- Build and maintain strong partner relationships and share standard methodology
- Lead on Executive and Non-Executive (NED) recruitment
It’s important that you are a change advocate and have experience of building organisational capability, as well as facilitate and implement change in a change-resistant environment. Your ability to engage and influence senior partners and form relationships will allow you to help shape and influence deep seated and fixed attitudes across the organisation. As you will be leading the Talent & Capability Team it’s vital that you have previous experience as a people manager.
In addition, the following skills will be required:
- Experience of the recruitment industry with a breadth of experience across both practical and theoretical delivery of direct sourcing strategies
- Experience of developing talent management programmes and pathways across a variety of categories
- A sound working knowledge of HR practices and employment law
- Extensive knowledge and experience of assessment techniques and practices
- Project management skills
- Strong commercial awareness
What Can We Offer You?
This role provides you with a unique opportunity to be involved in shaping strategic change and influencing at the highest level within the CAA. You will also be pivotal in shaping our Talent Acquisition and Development Agenda. You will be working within a friendly, supportive, flexible and outcome focused team.
Working With Us
We offer a range of fantastic benefits such as flexible working arrangements, free onsite gym at Gatwick, discounted gym membership for London, 28 days annual leave, additional 5 days leave purchase scheme, a competitive pension scheme and much more! Wherever possible, we offer flexible and variable working hours to help our people effectively manage all areas of their lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
As a member of the Disability Confident scheme, applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a role with us will be guaranteed an interview. We use fair and inclusive selection approaches to hire the best person for the job based on merit alone. If you require an adjustment for any reason, please let us know.
Closing Date: 29th May 2020
Interview Dates: First round – 4th, 5th & 8th June. Second round – 12th, 15th June
Please note that due to the current Covid-19 situation, all interviews will be conducted online by video conference.