Salary: £35,638 up to £50,000 per annum dependant on experience
Contract Type: Permanent, full time
We are the UK’s aviation regulator and recognised as a world leader in its field. Our activities are diverse, enabling the aviation industry to meet the highest safety standards, and we pride ourselves on our ability to adapt to the constantly evolving aviation environment.
To manage the product development cycle in the successful delivery of the Instructure roadmap, in a timely and cost-effective method. Prioritising and managing resources from external suppliers or within the CAA, which support the tactical and strategic business requirements defined on the Infrastructure roadmap.
We collaborate across our ISD, Architecture and Information Security teams. This role requires engagement and alignment other teams, SMEs, 3rd Parties and stakeholders; for the delivery of roadmap solutions that are innovative, user-centric and commercially relevant business requirements for CAA.
- Facilitate the prioritisation and allocation of IT Platform resources, ensuring that the Infrastructure roadmap is defined by working with ISD, program management, workstreams and 3rd parties
- Manage the creation of business cases as needed for key contracts within the IT contracts portfolio
- Manage, measure and report on the required quality, scope, budget and outcomes of IT delivery to the stakeholders and governing bodies
- Work with the Head of IT Operations, Technical Development Manager, Information Security and Architectural colleagues to help provide CAA with technical direction for the Infrastructure roadmap features and epics, both at a tactical and a strategic level. Ensuring that any proposed changes to the technical infrastructure will meet agreed IT security principals and architectural standards and policies
- Manage PI Planning and relevant Agile ceremonies for the delivery of the Infrastructure roadmap with backlog management, iteration planning, and creation of the user stories
- Plan and prioritise product feature backlog and development for the product
- Support and shape the Infrastructure roadmap through IT scoping and planning, including PI planning, IT change dependencies and prioritization
- Participate in the procurements at roadmap and workstream level, ensuring inclusion and alignment of Infrastructure requirements
- Manage Supplier(s) to meet their project commitments
- Take responsibility for personal continued professional development
- A good working knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Demonstrable knowledge of Infrastructure development lifecycles
- Management of the IT project expenditure budget in conjunction with the IT Leadership team, identifying to achieve value for money
- Proven stakeholder management experience
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Overall understanding of infrastructure technologies used in the product delivery for CAA
- Supplier relationship and service support experience
- Operational planning and financial support experience
- Personable and a team player
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to motivate and influence others
- A formal accreditation in Project Management such as PRINCE 2
What Can We Offer You?
It’s a great time to join the CAA as we are transforming a number of our key technology services; continuing our focus and maturity of cyber security whilst building major new services for our customers to mature new ways of working including Agile and DevOps, and exploiting new cloud-based capabilities in Microsoft Azure.
We are passionate about the development of our people and you will have the opportunity to work alongside creative and collaborative team members who are keen to make a difference to the organisation.
Given the impact of Covid-19, it’s likely that you will work remotely to begin with as we plan for a return to work within the government guidelines.
Working With Us
We are on a journey towards being increasingly adaptable, where our colleagues collaborate as part of cross-functional teams. This approach ensures we never stop learning together. It also means that you may become involved in activities that take you out of your day to day role, providing you with opportunities to develop and grow your career with us.
We offer a range of fantastic benefits such as flexible working arrangements, free onsite gym at Gatwick, discounted gym membership for London, 28 days annual leave, additional 5 days leave purchase scheme, a generous pension scheme and much more!
Wherever possible, we offer flexible and variable working hours to help our people effectively manage all areas of their lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
As a member of the Disability Confident scheme, applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a role with us will be guaranteed an interview. We use fair and inclusive selection approaches to hire the best person for the job based on merit alone. If you require an adjustment for any reason, please let us know.
Closing Date: 15th October
Interview Date: End of October
Please note that due to the current Covid-19 situation, all interviews will be conducted online by video conference using Microsoft Teams.
No recruitment agencies please.