Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what’s possible for the role.
In a nutshell
Day to Day
- Work with the Senior Manager to develop a strategic sales ensuring growth of revenues and contribution globally for Virgin Atlantic within the specialist vertical.
- Plan face to face meetings and attendance of specialist trade events to promote and develop Virgin Atlantic customer proposition.
- Gather a full picture of business opportunities to be able to work with Revenue Management and Regional Sales Teams to evaluate and formulate a proposal back to the customer with the appropriate justification and within the required timeframes
- Where appropriate, communicate and delegate action points arising from customer visits to colleagues, supervisors or department heads.
- Clearly explain customer expectations in terms of deadlines and requirements.
- Grow multi-level robust working relationships with key customer decision makes in multiple counties.
- Develop key insights into each target accounts developing individual account plans that promote Virgin Atlantic capabilities and seek to deliver outcomes that are mutually beneficial.
- Support RSM’s and local account managers to improve their value and success selling the specialist vertical.
- Working with RSM’s develop sales initiatives to drive growth and improve customer engagement.
- Strong sales and customer facing experience
- Established cargo knowledge from working with a major airline. Ideally encompassing a range of functions with a strong emphasis on sales but also to include marketing, customer service, revenue optimisation and finance and operations. Other industries of preference would be Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences
- Proven negotiating ability
- Excellent people skills with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Computer literate.
- Proven ability in planning and prioritization of tasks.
- Ability to understand and work within different cultures/environments.
- Independent and comfortable with international travel.
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You’ll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values
The post Global Account Manager – Cargo, Specialist Verticals appeared first on Virgin Atlantic Careers UK.