Salary: Competitive per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Crawley, West Sussex
Contract: up to 12month Secondment/FTC
Closing Date: 20th April 2021
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what’s possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we’re just as passionate as we’ve always been about becoming the most loved travel company. It’s been an uncertain year, for us, for everyone. There’s been ups and downs, some successes, and some sadness. One thing we know for sure – this year has shown that when we combine our brand with the power of amazing people, we make something truly magical.
Virgin Atlantic is still proudly flying, creating the same fabulous flight experience we’re famous for, and we’re busily laying the foundations for a profitable future. We know that the right people are key to creating success – so we’re looking for someone brilliant to join our team and help us achieve our vision. Perhaps that’s you? We’d love to find out.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a Pre Ops Duty Manager! You will be reporting to the Crewing and Pre-ops Manager, and responsible for the line management and day to day supervision of the Pre-Ops team. You will ensure the team’s effective maintenance and management of crew resources to meet operational requirements.
You’ll be responsible for delivery and oversight of regulatory & industrial compliance, efficient planning and re-planning of training to meet requirements. You will proactively analyse operational risk within the published roster. This role requires specific focus on the flying program and pairing efficiency, ensuring delivery of an optimised plan to Crewing.
Day to Day
– Provide line management and daily co-ordination to the Pre-Ops team, defining clear performance expectations and accountabilities for direct reports.
– Responsible for effective utilisation of crew resources to ensure correct crew compliment and maximum efficiency on the roster.
– Provide detailed handover to Duty Manager – Crewing, highlighting operational risks.
– Oversee the completion of daily / weekly / monthly tasks within Pre-Ops.
– Act as a system owner and management SME for Pilot & Crew swapping.
– Accountable for the maintenance and integrity of the Pilot & Cabin Crew training plan, with the aim of minimising disruption and efficient re-planning.
– Ensure tracking of training disruption / rescheduling. Provide data to the Flight Operations Training & Standards team and Cabin Crew Training.
– Implement change to ensure departmental processes and procedures are current and fit for purpose.
– Drive operational efficiencies within the team.
– Ensure Pre-Ops departmental reputation is maintained by quality controlling adherence to processes, procedures and roster change requirements.
– Effective and timely communication to the team and business stakeholders.
Do you have an exceptional understanding of European Aviation Safety Agency Flight Time Limitations and Fatigue Risk Management? Do you have experience of Pilot training requirements and ideally be a subject matter expert on regulatory training? Then this could be the role for you.
Alongside the above we are looking for someone who is confident in communicating to key stakeholders within the business and happy to make decisions independently. Team engagement is vital to this role, ensuring you motivate and develop your team.
If this sounds like you, and you have working knowledge of Crew Planning systems and a proficient user of all Microsoft packages then we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated, and we can ignite the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.