In a nutshell
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Digital Experience team at Virgin Holiday’s as a Digital Product Designer!
In the role you will play a vital role in design, development and performance of Virgin Holiday’s website, mobile app and other digital products (i.e. internal systems). As part of our multi-disciplined agile team, you’ll contribute at each stage of the User Centered Design process: discovery, concepting, prototyping, testing and finally delivering high-fidelity visual designs. All whilst working with the developers on their implementation.
You will be a champion of both the user and the brand, working to an overall annual product vision. Including contributing to the business’s long-term strategy for our digital experience and quarterly planning cycles of agile delivery.
Day to Day
- Deliver the Virgin Holidays digital roadmap from discovery to execution, working to shared goals within a cross-functional team.
- Help the business solve new problems, following best practice in design thinking to build innovative solutions solving user needs.
- Work with Product Design Lead, Head of Digital Experience and wider VAA creative team, play an influential role in brand identity, visual design and implementation of the brand narrative.
- Deliver a step change in the user experience of Virgin Holidays’ digital products, championing the user/brand within the agile development team and with other partners – for instance in sprint reviews.
- Design interactions that put usability and accessibility first, to create frictionless, pleasurable experiences.
- Support the wider design team in developing better processes and establishing the digital design practice within Virgin Holidays.
- Work with the agile development coach to ensure that products are conceived and developed in the right way.
You’ll have experience of designing and delivering quality digital products (ideally in an agile environment) obtained either in-house or at an agency.
Experience across the spectrum of product design, including interpreting user research, prototyping and testing solutions, designing interfaces, and delivering high-fidelity visual designs for development. Different designers will have different strengths, but a grounding in all the relevant skills is essential and crucial for this role.
Good commercial sense, with an ability to understand and balance business, design and user needs. Ensuring that design solutions have a measurable benefit to the business.
Excellent skills of current design tool are an essential – Figma, Photoshop, etc. Desirable experience with prototyping tools like Figma, InVision or Axure, as well as design and implementation of manuals and pattern libraries are a must. Front-end web development skills would be useful but not essential.
Working in a team, supporting others and working flexibly with a great understanding of design processes and the role of design in brand-building.
Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience of influencing and persuading others.
If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Additional Website Text
We recognise the value you add to our dynamic company. That’s why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits to help you enjoy life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic destinations. Of course, you can also take advantage of discounts on our amazing Virgin Holidays hotels. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes and life assurance. You can even self-select what’s important to you through our benefits portal. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible, remote working is available.
Be Yourself – Our Differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated, and we can unleash the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.