Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what’s possible for the role.
In a nutshell
Reporting into the Customer Care OCC Duty Manager, you will be responsible for monitoring our flying programme ensuring effective communication is had with stakeholders in order to protect the customer experience during times of disruption and mitigate EC261 claims. As the customer advocate you’ll ensure that we adhere to the IROP (Irregular Operation Policy) customer principles alongside compliance to consumer rights and regulations. You will be responsible for creating customer communications in line with the tone and style consistent with the Virgin Atlantic brand, whilst ensuring the Customer Centre and Airport teams are provided with regular updates to support with in-the-moment service recovery. You will be working alongside the Duty Manager with daily operational functions and at times will be required to deputise.
Day to day
– Support the Duty Manager with decision making across the department and jump to action based on the decisions made.
– Deliver clear communications, advice and direction to our customers, internal partners, and Joint Venture partners during and after IROPS or other customer service issues.
– Seek opportunities to improve customer experience though continuous improvement framework.
– Uphold and promote the IROP Customer Principles through the drafting and delivery of factual and effective communications on the Virgin Atlantic website and other contact channels.
– Co-ordinate with the wider Customer Care teams to identify opportunities where the customer experience can be enhanced.
– Be the 24/7 designated employee responsible for consumer rights and welfare in accordance with EC261 and US 14CFR ensuring we operate, deliver, and justify our actions within the various legal frameworks during flight disruptions.
– Monitoring the flying programme with an Operations Management System whilst having an awareness of DoT ruling for U.S Tarmac Delays.
– Supporting all areas of the business, accountable for issuing decisions to resolve individual complaints & issues throughout all stages the customer journey.
– Oversee and process eligible flights for EC261 Compensation, drafting high quality responses to be used by the Customer Care team when dealing with claims or complaints.
– Inform and escalate any online activity that may jeopardise Virgin Atlantic business, reputation, or brand to the Press office
– Play a pivotal role in our company response to an Elevated, Amber or Red activation status.
Based within the Operations Control Centre (OCC), this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is consistently and objectively able to assess a given set of circumstances to be at the epicentre of customer recovery. Do you have a natural ability to empathise and assist people in high pressure and ever changing situations?
You are also:
– An excellent communicator, with conflict resolution skills, able to ‘think on your feet’.
– Have the literacy skills the ability to create clear customer communications in daily and IROP scenarios in a time pressured environment.
– A highly motivated, positive individual with high personal standards.
– Inquisitive and curious to understand the business and its strategies to seek and implement improvements to the customer journey.
– Able to take directions readily and be proactive with a forwarding thinking attitude.
– Preferably, experienced in Airline customer rights including an understanding of all the significant legislation including EC261, US 14CFR and the Montreal Convention.
– Have airline operations knowledge with an in-depth understanding and ability to navigate airline reservations, loyalty and service recovery systems.
So, if you love influencing and have a keen eye for attention to detail whilst protecting and enhancing the customer experience, we would love to hear from you.
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You’ll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values