Salary: Starting from £41,000 dependant on experience
Contract: 12 month Secondment / Fixed term
Hours: Full time, Mon – Fri . We are an operational business so a degree of flexibility is also required
Location: Manchester Airport
Closes: 5th February 2020
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what’s possible for the role.
In a nutshell
This is a new opportunity for a strong Manager to work in partnership with the Airport Authority, Virgin Connect and other key partners to deliver a connecting hub for Virgin Atlantic and their airline partners. We seek to offer an industry leading customer experience enabling Virgin Atlantic to achieve its growth and strategic ambitions. Drive best in class policies and processes for both operational efficiency and customer experience.
Day to day
- Lead and influence the project team and key partners to deliver a robust and tested Minimum Connection Time (MCT) for both customer and baggage
- Develop and embed set of local processes that are fully understood by all relevant partners, implementing a market leading transfer journey customer experience
- Working with key partners to develop a centre of excellence for Airport Operations
- Develop a seamless customer experience focused misconnection and reprotection charter/process
- Develop Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) where appropriate to ensure delivery and ongoing continuous improvement of customer and bag journey
- Establish and manage positive relationships with all stakeholders including Virgin Atlantic Airways (VAA) Internal, VAA partners, suppliers and Airport Authority
- Contract bidding and preparation together with Procurement where required
- Be the Airport Subject Matter Expert (SME) and single point of contact for all parts of the business relating to our connection product, providing a steer to the business when required
- Make recommendations and integrate processes to ensure all areas contribute to the ongoing successful connection product and coordination of all suppliers and business participants
- Develop a business case that clearly demonstrates costs, business benefits and value for money
- Track costs throughout the project, reviewing business case success post implementation, ensuring mitigation of unnecessary costs where possible
- Account for/understanding of people impacts of proposed changes to ensure maximum efficiency and stakeholder buy-in
- Development of continuous improvement processes and adaptation in an ever-changing environment e.g. Terminal renovations
For this new role, we are looking for an established Manager who prides themselves on delivering results. This is more than negotiating the vision, it’s a great opportunity for you to roll your sleeves up and motivate change and action for the operation.
Are you comfortable in challenging conversations? Particularly in relation to negotiating.
Ability to work well under pressure
Budget & supplier management
Airport Operations knowledge with broad commercial awareness
Proven track record of decision-making and proactive change management evidenced by relevant management experience in a customer focused environment.
Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team
Proven problem solving, identify issues and their solutions, with analytical and reasoning ability
Proficient use of MS Office products as business tools for presentation and communication purposes.
Committed and prepared to work unsocial hours showing a flexible and agile attitude.
If this sounds like a great match of your skills and an exciting development opportunity for you, we would love to see you apply!
We recognise the value you add to our dynamic company. That’s why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits to help you enjoy life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic destinations. Of course, you can also take advantage of discounts on our amazing Virgin Holidays hotels. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes and life assurance. You can even self-select what’s important to you through our benefits portal. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible, remote working is available.
Be Yourself – Our Differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated, and we can unleash the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Click here to follow us on LinkedIn and view our latest company updates and current live vacancies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.