Salary: The minimum starting salary range for this grade and role type is £48,000
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what’s possible for the role.
In a nutshell
Day to day
- Seek out opportunities in both disciplines to improve functions’ and processes and deliver improved customer experiences and improve asset utilisation.
- Gain a deep understanding and empathy for stakeholders needs and requirements across both NFP and CA. Developing new goals, standards and process to drive stakeholder
- Develop KPI’s and report on departmental performance
- Improve our ability effectively plan, prioritise and utilise flights.
- Improve data accuracy and integrity, allowing more timely revenue collection and reduced queries and credits
- Identify process improvements across commercial decision making and operational data capture
- Develop great working relationships across internal Cargo functions and VAA Working Capital, Technology, OCC, Network Planning – Advocating the cargo message across those groups and winning engagement and support to further Cargo’s interests
- Ensure Commercial Operations are perceived and acknowledge as open, credible and competent and continuously and demonstrably add value to the Cargo business
- Train and coach the wider business, as appropriate, in Revenue Integrity, theory and practice and coach staff within the team to be experts.
- Mentor and coach team members onshore and offshore, sharing relevant knowledge and skills so that they may develop and perform to a highly skilled standard.
- Ensure the team instinctively operate with a can do attitude with a view to continuously improve, adapt and innovate.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Commercial and Analytical skills: financial and predictive modelling tools & techniques, statistical analysis, research methodology, data sourcing and application of data tools.
- Proven track record to translate corporate objectives into business and digital strategies and to lead a team to deliver these
- Strong instincts for commercial business drivers, the cargo customer base and global cargo market place
- Ability to influence and persuade your network by developing enduring relationships to senior level based on your reputation, emotional intelligence, instinct for cargo business realities and a desire to learn and adapt
- Project & Program Management experience to include: initiation, planning & design. Executing, monitoring & controlling finances & infrastructure, and finally reporting & closing, with governance to ensure alignment & integration.
- IT proficient: principles of business MIS solutions. A proficient user of the MS Office suite of applications and current core and support systems used by the division (SkyChain, Exchequer Enterprise, ACT etc. )
If the above sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you
Be Yourself – Our Differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic Holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated, and we can ignite the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You’ll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values