Hours: Full Time / Shifts
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract / Secondment
Closing Date: 26/08/2021
In a nutshell
During COVID, our Cargo division has performed amazingly well and continues to provide an exceptional service and revenue stream for Virgin Atlantic. In this role you will effectively monitor and manage our third party handling company’s performance in the achievement of Service Level and Standard Ground Handling Agreements and in accordance with the Cargo business objectives. Whilst ensuring the highest standard of Customer Service and Simultaneously ensuring the safety and security of all aspects of the operation are monitored and maintained at all times
Day to Day
– To provide Flight Build Plans to the Third Party Ground Handler
– To audit the performance of the third party handling companies
– To make sound operational decisions at short notice, taking into consideration commercial issues, security, safety, customer service, long and short-term impact, and any potential impact in other areas of the company.
– To respond to requests, enquiries and queries, from whatever source – customers, internal customers, suppliers, etc. – in a prompt and professional manner. Ensuring that the flow of communication between all parties is both accurate and effective and that the highest level of service is maintained at all times.
– To maintain good communication and develop effective working relationships at all levels within all areas of the business.
– To act as the point of reference and contact across the Virgin Atlantic Ramp handling process for the delivery of the day’s LHR Cargo loading Operation.
– To monitor the smooth handling of cargo by third party handling companies on the ramp especially when in transition between handling companies, dealing with any discrepancies or problems that might arise effectively and efficiently.
– To audit the performance of the third party handling companies on the ramp.
Are you an experienced Cargo professional, who loves providing the best possible experience to internal and external stakeholders? If so, we think you would love this role!
– The ability to remain motivated, work on their own initiative and with minimum supervision is essential.
– The jobholder will need to combine their technical skills with those of customer service and commercial awareness.
– Have a broad basic knowledge of the cargo industry, being able to recognise industry terms of reference, paperwork requirements and to be confident in using associated reference manuals (IATA, COM etc)
– Skilled at supplier performance management
– High attention to detail
– Working experience of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook Sharepoint, Exel, Word
– Proven track record in operations in the field of airfreight or logistics with a working knowledge of Customs regulations and documentation requirements
– Experience of operating in a fast-paced warehouse environment
– Strong communication and influencing skills and experience
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You’ll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values